Over the past few years, the field of colocation has grown exponentially, with a compound annual rate of 15.4% between 2016 and 2020. Organizations using colocation services give their businesses a competitive advantage of the modern and secure data center without building and staffing a functional facility.
Depending on the size of your company and its requirements, the colocation facility becomes a company’s primary data center or the secondary site for specific vital systems that support the primary data center. Additionally, it enables you to access reliable services and technical expertise at a cost-effective rate. Read on to learn more about how you can choose the best colocation facilities and the benefits of using one.
Factors To Consider When Looking for the Ideal Colocation Center
- The size of the network connection and the network details: For quality services, look for a colocation center with a top-quality internet connection. Also, look for a colocation center that has a variety of network carriers.
- The level of security: enquire about the security measures that they’ve put in place. Surveillance and access to the facility should be regarded highly.
- The Colocation center’s policy on customer growth requirements: A colocation facility should easily accommodate your business growth and, therefore, have a clear policy and pricing structures for future growth.
- Power reliability: Look for a colocation center that has a redundant power supply. They should have backup battery banks and power generators in place.
- When looking for the best colocation center, look for existing customers and get their reviews if you can.
Benefits of a Colocation Centre
Regardless of the size of your business, colocation centers can be very beneficial to your business, from the best infrastructure to the best geographical locations. Also, compared to running your facility, colocation centers offer:
- Lower costs in terms of stocking equipment and paying the technical staff, and access to large IT departments’ features without the actual capital investments.
- Top-notch connectivity: Colocation centers have redundant network connections that ensure that your business applications are always running.
- Enhanced network security: includes updated firewalls and systems that deter unauthorized access to the customers’ data.
- Reliable power supply colocation centers ensure power redundancy through power generators and battery backup systems.
- Encourages growth: colocation centers will cater to your infrastructure needs as your business grows at a lower cost.
- Colocation centers offer flexible bandwidth levels: This ensures that they can accommodate the traffic demand at reasonable costs.
The best colocation centers should meet compliance standards that have been put in place. Make sure that you’re taking all of these factors into account when you’re choosing a colocation center for your business.